- Promote and provide insight into careers in paediatrics and child health for medical students and foundation doctors
- Provide a forum for discussion of current topics in child health
- Provide opportunities for presentation of local research in child health
- Support the health education needs of local children, particularly via Teddy Bear Hospital
- Promote and support local children’s charities
- Support the teaching needs of students during the paediatrics rotation and Special Study Modules in paediatrics
What We Do:
We’ve got a full schedule for 2018 including talks, workshops, careers and fundraising events. We aim to connect students, clinicians and researchers to keep you informed about local, national and international opportunities in paediatrics.
This year we are running Teddy Bear Hospital Oxford, a medical student volunteer-run venture. Our team will be visiting local schools and teaching children aged 4-7 about healthcare and healthy living. We aim to familiarise children with the equipment and procedure of going to the doctor to make it less intimidating, working alongside the healthy living PSHE curriculum.